WhatsApp has launched a set new funtionalities recently but that which we are most interested in today is “Voice Status”. So what is a voice status and how do you use it? We’ll answer that in this article.
What is Voice Status?
|Norton Secure VPN 2023 for up to 5 Devices|
Voice Status is a new WhatsApp feature that allows its users to record and share voice messages of up to 30 seconds in length as a WhatsApp status. According to the company, Voice Status can be used to share more personal updates, especially if you are more comfortable speaking than writing, or if you prefer to give your status more impact using your voice.
This feature has been released along with a few others that are also very interesting:
- Private Audience Selector: users can quickly choose who sees their status updates.
- Status Reactions: react to status updates by choosing an emoji from Smiling Face with Heart Eyes, Face with Tears of Joy, Face with Open Mouth, Crying Face, Clasped Hands, Applause, Party Popper, and Hundred Points.
- Status rings for new updates: With this feature, you can easily see if there is a status update directly in the discussion list
- Link previews in statuses: you can share enhanced link previews when sharing a link as a text status update.
How to set a WhatsApp Voice Status
Who can use a voice status
There is only one requirement to use the Voice Status feature: Update your WhatsApp application to the latest version available on your Play Store or App Store.
How to register and set a voice status on WhatsApp
- Update your WhatsApp application
- Open Whatsapp application
- Go to the status feed
- press the create text status option – the pencil
- You will see the microphone button on the right, press and hold it to start recording
- Once you have finished recording, you can release the microphone button
- You can listen to the generated audio beforehand, then publish or delete it and start recording again at your leisure.
The video below is a demonstration of how to use the WhatsApp Voice status feature
See also :
- How to text someone who has blocked you on WhatsApp
- Now read your WhatsApp messages in offline mode while being online