When it comes to choosing between the Nothing Phone (2) and the Google Pixel 7a, it’s important to consider several aspects to determine which one best suits your needs.
Design and appearance:
The Google Pixel 7a comes in a combination of metal and plastic, adopting a square shape. Its flat screen features a hole centered at the top for the camera. At the rear, a metal visor houses two cameras, adding an interesting aesthetic aspect. The Nothing Phone (2), on the other hand, stands out with its metal and glass construction. Its transparent glass back reveals Glyph LED lights, making it a real conversation piece. It features rounded corners and flat sides, offering a unique aesthetic.
It’s important to note that the Pixel 7a is slightly smaller than the Nothing Phone (2). The Pixel 7a weighs 193.5 g, compared with 201.2 g for the Phone (2). The choice of material for the Pixel 7a, namely plastic, does not seem to have influenced its weight. What’s more, the Pixel 7a outperforms the Nothing Phone (2) in terms of water resistance with its IP67 certification, while the Nothing Phone (2) is certified IP53 for splash resistance.
- The Google Pixel 7a features a 6.1-inch OLED display with a 90 Hz refresh rate. The Pixel 7a’s screen offers a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
- The Nothing Phone (2) features a 6.7-inch AMOLED screen with a 120 Hz refresh rate. The Phone (2) screen also offers a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
The Nothing Phone (2) offers a larger screen with a higher refresh rate, which can translate into a smoother visual experience.
Performance comparison between Nothing Phone (2) and Google Pixel 7a
The Nothing Phone (2) is powered by the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, which offers reliable performance for everyday tasks. In contrast, the Google Pixel 7 Pro features the Google Tensor G2 processor, which should offer improved performance and efficiency.
Nothing’s phone comes with 8GB of RAM, ensuring smooth, fast operation. The Phone (2) is available in two storage options: 128 GB and 256 GB, like the Pixel 7a but the latter packs 6 GB of RAM .
Both phones offer a clean, stocked Android experience. The Nothing Phone (2) adds a thin layer of NothingOS on top, bringing unique themes and features to Glyph Interface.
Nothing Phone (2) :
- Main camera: The Nothing Phone (2) is equipped with a 50MP + 50MP dual-camera system. This configuration makes it possible to capture detailed images with high resolution.
- Camera features: The Nothing Phone (2) offers various features such as optical image stabilization, fast autofocus and enhanced night mode shooting. These features ensure sharp, high-quality photos even in low-light conditions.
Google Pixel 7a :
- Main camera: The Google Pixel 7a is renowned for its outstanding photographic performance. It features a 64MP + 13MP dual-camera system, combined with Google’s image processing expertise. This helps capture sharp details and vivid colors.
- Camera features: the Pixel 7a offers advanced features such as HDR+ mode, laser autofocus and enhanced night mode shooting. These features guarantee vivid, well-balanced photos, even in low-light conditions.
It’s important to note that photo quality depends on several factors, such as resolution, pixel size, lens aperture and image processing capabilities. Both smartphones offer solid photographic performance, but the final choice will depend on your personal preferences and specific photography needs.
- The Nothing Phone (2) has a 4,700 mAh battery with 45 W fast charging support.
- The Pixel 7a has a smaller battery of 4,385 mAh with a slower charging speed of 18 W.
Ultimately, the choice between the Nothing Phone (2) and the Google Pixel 7a depends on your personal preferences and specific needs. If you’re looking for a larger screen with a high refresh rate, the Nothing Phone (2) could be the ideal choice. If you attach great importance to camera quality and Google’s image processing expertise, the Pixel 7a might be more suited to your needs.
In terms of performance, both phones offer solid performance for everyday tasks. The Nothing Phone (2) has a larger battery and more RAM, which can offer smoother operation and longer battery life. The Google Pixel 7a, meanwhile, is equipped with a faster processor, which can offer faster performance for more demanding tasks.
See also :
- Google Pixel 8 Pro design disclosure with built-in thermometer feature
- Common problems on the Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro and solutions