Vanish mode on Instagram DM is a handy feature that allows users to send messages that disappear automatically once the chat is over. This feature ensures the confidentiality of exchanges and provides a secure experience. If you’re curious about how to use Vanish mode on Instagram, follow this simple step-by-step guide to mastering this handy feature.
Activate Vanish mode on Instagram
Vanish mode is disabled by default in Instagram settings, but it can be enabled manually. Here’s how to do it on Android and iPhone devices.
- Open the Instagram application on your Android phone or iPhone.
- Tap the DM icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select an existing conversation or create a new conversation by clicking on the “+” icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Now slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen and hold for 1-2 seconds to activate Disappear mode.
- Your screen will change from white to black, and a message at the top of the screen will indicate that you have activated Disappear mode.
Once Disappear mode has been activated for a conversation, you can send messages as usual. All messages will be automatically deleted once the chat is closed.
Note: The recipient will be informed that you have activated Vanish mode, and the chat window will also appear in black when your message is opened. One of the participants can deactivate Vanish mode at any time. Vanish mode will also inform you if a screenshot is taken during the conversation.
Deactivate Vanish mode on Instagram
If you want to deactivate Vanish mode in a conversation on Instagram, here are the steps to follow:
- Open the conversation where Vanish mode is enabled.
- Slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen and hold for 1 to 2 seconds.
- When the pop-up window appears, select “Deactivate Vanish mode”.
Vanish mode on Instagram DM offers a convenient way to exchange confidential messages in complete security. By activating this feature, messages will be automatically deleted once the chat is over. Follow the steps above to enable or disable Vanish mode on Instagram and enjoy a more private experience during your DM conversations.
See also :